Thursday, April 23, 2009

Day 1,2 and 3!

Day one of course I had so much momentum and all of your support that it was a breeze. There were definitely several temptations. But the messages on all sorts of social networks and via text message really kept me going. Just wanted to thank you for that! Any help I can get is fantastic. Now for the second day... it was not nearly as good. I don't know if any of you know my normal caffeine intake but on average in one day I'd have a large sweet tea in the afternoon and a coffee in the AM. I was at a point where I was not eating healthy at all so the amount of calories was probably at an all time high for me. I decreased my calories dramatically and completely cut sweets. Cold turkey was a bit rough, but I’m feeling great and the Lord is filling me with his love for sure. His energy is so much greater than a starbucks coffee.

I really appreciate all of your love and support. I am humbled by how amazing the Lord is working in me, and those of you who have decided to join my 40 day challenge and or have created your own. For those of you who read my previous blog you know I’ve been reading the purpose driven life. If you haven’t read it, I advise you right now to go buy it. It’s an incredible book. I’d like to share a poem with you from chapter two. It really touched my heart and I’m hoping it touches yours…

YOU ARE WHO YOU ARE FOR A REASON…
Russell Kelfer

You are who you are for a reason.
You’re part of an intricate plan.
You’re a precious and perfect unique design,
Called God’s special woman or man.

You look like you look for a reason.
Our God made no mistake.
He knit you together within the womb.
You’re just what He wanted to make.

The parents you had were the ones He chose,
And no matter how you may feel,
They were custom-designed with God’s plan in mind,
And they bear the Master’s seal.

No, that trauma you faced was not easy.
And God wept that it hurt you so;
But it was allowed to shape your heart
So that into His likeness you’d grow.

You are who you are for a reason,
You’ve been formed by the Master’s rod.
You are who you are, beloved,
Because there is a God!

For some more good news in 3 days I’ve lost 2LBS. Pretty good so far huh? I’ve been constantly running. There hasn’t been a slow or dull moment for me in the last 3 days. I’ve been doing the music quite a bit, which makes me incredibly happy. I also found out that our trip to Nashville has been extended a few days so that we can go to the CMT awards. I’m extremely excited, 46 days! Well guys I’ll keep you updated on how things are going. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you along your journey.



Sincerely and Always with Love,

Britt Hosey

Where else can you find me?

2 comments:

Michael Farag said...

Nice work so far...keep in it, but I have NO DOUBT you will.

hsmithson08 said...

When are the CMT awards, we need to do lunch and if you wanted we could go to applebee's in blue springs, a person that works @ Q104 works there and maybe he can have Mike Kennedy meet us there or something. Congrats on the first couple days in your 40 day challenge, stay strong, you can do it Britt .. I have confidence in you!! Love ya girl!

-Heather-