Saturday, December 13, 2008

WANT & NEED

Sometimes what you want and what you need just don’t coexist. I’m the kind of girl if I want something I go after it; I do what ever it takes to get it. I work hard, for everything I have in my life. Weather it be material items, or friends and family. I’ve realized that the person I became in the past four years of my life is not the person I want to be. I became this materialistic, dreamer. Nothing in my life was constant. I was always looking for the next best thing. I’m tired of wanting, and buying for me. It’s obviously getting me nowhere. I have this big heart and need to help others, to give back. I’ve been blessed and I want to help share that feeling with others. The past four years, I’ve focused on feeling secure nothing else. I stopped living for me, and doing the things that makes me happy. The past few months, I’ve been taking the steps to get back to me. It’s been a rocky but amazing road so far. It’s only going to get better from here. “No risk, No reward.” It’s time I stop focusing on tomorrow and start living for today. I will let nothing and no one hold me back. If you asked me a year ago, what I wanted I wouldn’t be able to tell you anything except to get married. I was blinded by society telling me that was the next step to realize that wasn’t what I wanted at all. I look back on that now, as I make a list of the many things I want to experience and I smile. Knowing I am strong enough to overcome my fears gives me this overwhelming feeling of accomplishment. I’m, finally living.

BRITT

1 comment:

Michael Farag said...

I know your path will be a cool adventure.....enjoy it.